This week our Yes Please! item comes to us from London and you all are going to love it! The Hog Art and Design specialize in Unique Retro Posters. They have many to choose from ranging from movie posters to celebrities from all walks of fame, but of course, here we are all about our Dolly!
This handmade poster features a lovely vintage picture of our girl, but get this! You can request a customization with lyrics and quotes of your choice free of charge! Perhaps there is a song that has a special meaning to you, let Anil and Esra of The Hog Art and Design know and they can get it printed on there just for you! You can also ask for a new design as well!
All the Details:
The Dolly Parton Quote Retro Poster comes in five choices of sizes. Please note that it does not include the frame included in the photo above. For more information please check out The Hog Art and Design on Etsy!
One of the hardest things about blogging is figuring out how to beat writer’s block. Whether aiming to post seven days a week or two, it is inevitable that you will eventually be stumped for ideas. While I am still learning new things every day in the blogosphere I have picked up a few tips for creating blog posts! Here goes:
- Make connections. Don’t be afraid to get out there and meet new people. Whether it be online or in person new people can be key in curing writer’s block. Running out of blog ideas? Feature a shop in your community. Visit a local restaurant and ask them if they would like to be part of your blog. Email etsy shops and ask them if you can write about their products. This is something done here on Channelling Dolly often on Yes Please!
- Go somewhere you have never been before. Nothing gets the brainwaves flowing like new adventures. Maybe your mind is saying see other countries, but your pocketbook is like yeah not now. Bummer right? However, this doesn’t have to stop your adventurous spirit. Explore your own city. Spend a day visiting those places you always put off because you “can do those any day since you live there”. Those new places may just spark your creativity and give you a new post.
- Listen to your favorite music, go to a concert or visit a museum. It helps a person find their creative energy by being with like-minded people or immersing yourself in art. It is so inspiring to be around things that jumpstart your imagination.
- Get yourself a planner to schedule your blog posts. This helps in several ways. One way is that on the days you are feeling it and the ideas are a plenty you can write down ideas far in advance. Two it will help you get your photos ready to go along with your posts so that this doesn’t become a roadblock as well.
- Start planning regular features. This is a really good way to know that you have ideas for at least part of your week on your blog. For example, every Monday Channelling Dolly has Dolly Parton quotes in Monday Dose of Dolly. It is a plus for writer’s block and your readers will know what to expect that day!
- Last but not least just remember to relax. If the ideas are not forthcoming just step away from the computer and take a break. If you are tired and frustrated you may not get your best work out. Come back to it later.
I hope you find these tips helpful! Do you have any of your own to add?
Nowadays it seems like everyone has such busy schedules. Whether you are going out with friends after work or just working very long days like I do, some days require a way to refresh. Last week was so busy for me that a few days found me changing clothes in the car as well as my makeup. Nothing like doing a cat eye while riding on the busy freeway!
While I can not give you tips for a mobile closet or gift you a personal makeup artist I can help you with an idea to refresh your skin. One way to do so is with evian! Not only does evian have a way to hydrate your body internally. They can also hydrate you externally!
evian’s Facial Spray delivers hydration by delivering microdroplets of pure evian natural spring water. The spray is packaged in a leak-proof canister so it perfect to throw in your purse before work. The natural skincare is dermatologically tested and hypo-allergenic.
Throughout the day a quick mist of evian Facial Spray will provide hydration. It can be sprayed on top of makeup and will not cause it to smear or run. Check out my video below to see how easy it is to use and how well my makeup stayed intact! Some similar products that I have tried have caused my mascara to run when spraying over a full face of makeup, but with this one there were no raccoon eyes!
Not only does evian Facial Spray refresh and hydrate throughout the day. This product can also be used when applying makeup to blend and finish. It can be sprayed on hair to perk up your style. evian Facial Spray is also gentle enough to use for cleansing babies. So many uses for this product from an already trusted brand!
For more information check out:
*This post was sponsored and powered by BrandBacker. The product was provided for review, however, all opinions are my own.
We all know those people who go overboard with their human children, creating spoiled little people. Is it possible for those of us with fuzzy children to also spoil our creatures? Here are some ways to recognize if you are an overindulgent puppy parent by someone who is unapologetically spoiling their boy…me! Continue reading
Today I have a guest post over at Houston-Neighborhoods.com. It is all about the Houston suburb that I reside in-League City, Texas. Please check it out here!