It is so easy to hide behind a computer screen. You may read someone’s post, but do you REALLY know anything about them? I thought it would be fun to share a few random things about me that you may not know!
- Alligators are one of my favorite animals, yet I am deathly afraid of lizards. It makes no sense as gators just look like lizards on growth hormones, but it is what it is.
- Interior design is my passion. I earned my Associates Degree in design and would one day love to own an event planning business.
- As long as I can remember the name Gabriel has been my favorite boy name. In ’94 I met a Gabriel and we have been together ever since.
- Dolly Parton has been my idol since I was old enough to watch her on tv. As a three-year-old, I was gifted with a Dolly doll that I carried with me everywhere I went. I still have her to this day.
- When Prince died I cried for three weeks straight. I am talking ugly cry, every single day. It still hurts and I still can’t believe he is gone.
- Barkley, my only child, is a chihuahua/terrier mix who I adopted from the Houston SPCA in 2004. Diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago, he has to have insulin twice a day.
- My full-time job is working at a medical device company soldering circuit boards. We manufacture devices for patients that have epilepsy. It makes my heart happy to meet the people who have our devices implanted. It truly makes you remember why you get up and go to work every morning.
- The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. It is such a low maintenance holiday. You don’t have to prepare for it weeks in advance and I love the red, white and blue decor. Every year we have a tradition of having family and friends over for a BBQ that day.
- I love to sing in the car, despite the fact that my voice is not quite cut our for singing. Unfortunately for my husband I remember the words to hundreds of songs. My genres range from country to rock to Broadway hits to boy bands. You may be dazzled with my musical renditions of George Strait, Papa Roach, the Annie musical or the best of the Backstreet Boys. You never know!
- I am a born and raised Texan, though I long to move to New York. The pace of the city energizes me!
If you haven’t already, please introduce yourself! I would love to know more about you as well!