On Labor Day I noticed posts all over social media mourning the end of summer. At the time I thought that those sillies didn’t realize they had more sunny days ahead. Well, today it really IS official. Summer 2016 has gone and fall has arrived.
While I love beach umbrellas, daylight until 8 pm and cookouts as much as the next person there are some things that make me look forward to the change in season every year:
- Boots, printed tights, hats, and scarves. Admittedly living in Houston doesn’t afford someone many chances to wear scarves in the fall, but I stock up for the average two cold days.
- Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Let us for a moment take in those words. Pumpkin. Pecan. Cheesecake. Standing alone all three of those things would make a perfectly tasty dessert, but together, oh together! I actually think that we should all rush out today to celebrate fall with this amazing creation!
- Another goodie that arrives a little later in the fall, November 18th to the 27th to be exact, is the Sprinkles Orange Cranberry cupcake. I know you may be thinking that this blogger is going to gain 50 pounds before Christmas, but hello! Haven’t you ever thought that this may be the reason that fall is the start of leggings and sweaters? Perhaps the clothing of choice is less for the temperatures and more for extra room in the waist region for the fall specialty desserts! Anyhow, back to the cupcakes! They are made of orange cake that is mixed with cranberries, topped with white chocolate cream cheese frosting. Oh so yummy for my tummy!
- Snuggling up and watching movies with big fluffy blankets. There are several that I watch every single year more times than I care to admit. Serendipity, The Holiday and An Affair to Remember are a few of my favorites.
- When the Halloween stores start popping up all over the area I get like a child on Christmas morning! Those orange and black signs shining like a beacon to come in and play dress up get me every time!
What are some of your favorite fall traditions? Do share?